Every pound you give will be doubled – up to £100,000
With almost £20,000 raised to date, a huge thank you to all those who are supporting this initiative, including Richmond Housing Partnership and PA Housing.
The coronavirus crisis continues to affect everyone’s lives, but for the most vulnerable in our area: isolated elderly people, those caring for a loved one, children with disabilities, families struggling financially and those already coping with poor mental health, the impact has been devastating.
Our local charities are under increasing pressure due to the loss of income through Covid-19 and yet face an increased demand for services, and for some, to re-think how they deliver their services.
The second lockdown brings home the necessity of our Covid-19 Appeal. With your help, we want to sustain vital projects and services most affected by loss of income during the pandemic, supporting the most vulnerable in our community. Every penny we raise will go to support local charities.
Your donation will be doubled by local grant makers Hampton Fund and RPLC, up to £100,000 funds raised. So, not only will your donation be worth twice as much, it will make double the impact. We aim to raise £200,000 to support our local charities who are working hard to improve people’s lives and opportunities and create a better community for us all. For basic taxpayers, we can also claim 25p for every £1 you donate.
- £25 would provide an hour’s support to carry out odd jobs in the home for an elderly person who is isolated in their home
- £25 would help provide an on-line music lesson for a child with disabilities isolated at home
- £50 would help provide a 2 hour respite session for a carer looking after a family member with dementia
- £55 will fund a crisis counselling session for a young person experiencing anxiety and depression
- £100 will help provide advice sessions for people experiencing debt problems due to loss of income
- £150 would provide a music therapy session for a group of elderly people with dementia in a care home
- £500 will fund a full counselling programme for a young person
Please Give Today and help to change lives